I like my books like my coffee : Hot and Dark.

My reviews might contain heavy spoilers! Read at your very own risk.

2015/10/21






One week. No future. No past. No more.
Alexandria Collins has one week to live carefree—no ghosts of her past or pressures of her future haunting her. Reinventing herself as "Charli," she is knocked off her feet by a sexy, mysterious man who brings her pleasure like she never imagined. With her heart at stake, she forgets that decisions made in the dark of night reappear in the bright light of day.

"Some of my tastes are unique. They aren’t for everyone. I understand that.”

Lennox "Nox" Demetri is wealthy, confident, and decisive—he knows what he wants. From the first time he sees Charli at an exclusive resort, he knows he wants her. Although he is usually the one to make the rules, together they agree on one: 

One week. No more.

When betrayal comes from those closest to Alexandria, she must decide how far she is willing to go to survive. Choices are not always easy, especially when they involve the heart, body, and soul. After all, Infidelity is a business, and some rules are meant to be broken.

"Is it really cheating if you're doing it to yourself?"




So I think I'm one of the very few people who can't really wrap her head around why people are nuts over this book. Don't get me wrong and don't hate me for what I'm about to write. I'm not saying that it's a bad book or anything. It was ok. The writing was great I just didn't liked the plot and couldn't connect with the characters.Maybe it's just not my cup of tea . Don't take my words for it just read it and maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did.

If you're not a very patient reader (like me) and you don't like reading 70% of the book just to discover that nothing exciting really happens, then more than probably this book is not for you. I was about to give up on it 4 times but I pushed myself because many people recommended it to me. I was thinking that if it has so many 5 stars ratings and good reviews ,then it must be something good. I waited for ....something 'wow' to happen ! Maybe I'm just blind and I'm missing the point of the book.
Don't even get me started on the characters and on Alexandria's annoying switch between her three personas. I just...umm...sorry.Not for me.



0 Comments:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Follow on Twitter

Popular Posts

Search on blog

Un produs Blogger.

WARNING !

REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS POSTED HERE MIGHT CONTAIN (HEAVY) SPOILERS ! READ AT YOUR VERY OWN RISK !