I like my books like my coffee : Hot and Dark.

My reviews might contain heavy spoilers! Read at your very own risk.

2016/08/09


Grievous Blitz Banner

GRIEVOUS

by Nancy Haviland
Wanted Men #5
Publication Date: August 9, 2016
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Mafia Romance, Organized Crime
Grievous Cover

BUY:

 
Synopsis: Yasmeen Michaels’ first hours of life were spent nestled in a cloud of dirty blankets on the front stoop of an orphanage in the Bronx. Even though rejection and loneliness peppered her life, she still fought hard enough to step out of her past a free, independent woman with a bright future ahead of her. Darkness descends when a shocking ripple in the organized crime world sends a grieving Romanian mobster back into her life. Yasmeen wakes to find herself in a centuries-old castle in Romania; claimed not as Lucian Fane’s lover…but as his pet.Lucian Fane is at ease in his place of power. He unapologetically lords over his business empire right alongside his criminal one. But when tragedy dares to cross his threshold, Lucian is sent into a tailspin and soon finds himself toeing the line between sanity and freedom. With his conscience gone, and in a bid to save his city from his wrath, he plucks an exquisite distraction from her world and tucks her away in his. Only then does he allow his demons free reign.
Even as Yasmeen once more finds herself fighting to hold onto her self-worth, the draw towards the darkness soon becomes too strong to resist. Will she be able to hold tight to her new owner as he freely drifts beyond her reach? Or will Lucian surface long enough to realize he’s pushing his precious pet too far to allow for forgiveness?
**ATTN: GRIEVOUS can be read as a STANDALONE. This book is the first part of Lucian and Yasmeen’s story. It DOES NOT have a HEA. The completion of their story will come in book #7 in the Wanted Men series, scheduled for release in 2017.
goodreads-badge-add-38px
Grievous6tsr

EXCERPT: GRIEVOUS

“Up, Yasmeen.”
That’s what she thought. She shoved her arms in the air, and he pulled the soft cotton over her head. She looked down at the logo across her chest. “You went to Princeton?”
“I went to Princeton. I also spent some time at Oxford.”
“In England?”
“Is there another?”
“Not that could handle that attitude, no.” He gave her a warning look that she took head on. “Don’t look at me like that. Your arrogance is astounding. The girls must have followed you around with their panties in the air.”
“As I am sure the boys at NYU followed behind you holding their dicks in their hands.”
She grimaced. “No, they didn’t.”
“Yes, my pet. They did. Believe me. If you did not witness it, they were being discreet. I would guarantee hundreds of men have come on their shower walls to thoughts of you on your knees before them.”
“Lucian. Don’t be disgusting.”
He gave her an exasperated look. “That is not disgusting. If I were to see you masturbate, I would be enthralled.”
“Yes, but that’s someone you’re attracted to. I’d be all eyes if I watched you, too. But to think of other men doing it makes me a little vomity.”
“For masturbating to a mental image of you.”
She tipped her head and nodded as if it was dense of him to confirm.
“You are a strikingly beautiful woman. You must know men wonder what it must be like to fuck you the minute they see you. When I saw you for the first time, I was staggered by your beauty. I have never experienced the sensation of having my breath taken. You accomplished that without batting an eye.”
She couldn’t deny hearing she hadn’t been the only one affected like that made her feel great. But looks were looks, and they’d eventually go. “So your first thought was to have sex with me?”
A shadow passed over his features. “No. My first thought was to do what I have now done.”
“Have sex with me.”
“Steal you.”
Her eyes flared. “You thought to steal me? That night?”
“I fought myself throughout our meal. By the time you got up to use the restroom, I’d considered a variety of ways I could imprison you, right down to purchasing a small island and allowing you to roam freely but with no actual way of escape.”
He bent and kissed her throat before nudging her toward the sitting area. “Sit.”
She slowly walked over, trying to get her head around the fact that he’d wanted to do this to her two years ago. That meant Markus’s murder hadn’t created her crazy man, it had just prodded him out into the open. When she reached the loveseat and turned to sit, he was gone.
GRIEVOUS Teaser 1

DON’T MISS THE OTHER SIZZLING BOOKS IN THE WANTED MEN SERIES, FEATURING SEXY ALPHAS AND THE WOMEN THAT CONQUERED THEIR HEARTS…

The Wanted Men Series Banner

PURCHASE (A Love of VengeanceThe Salvation of Vengeance, and An Obsession with Vengeance are #FREE with #KindleUnlimited!): Amazon

goodreads-badge-add-38px

ABOUT NANCY HAVILAND

Nancy Haviland
Nancy Haviland, author of the bestselling organized crime series, WANTED MEN, writes about her alpha mobsters and their ladies from her home near Toronto, Ontario. She fights for space on her keyboard with her arrogant kitty named Talbot, and adores her Tim Horton’s coffee; as any self-respecting Canadian would. She writes contemporary romantic suspense but will happily read anything that involves two people smooching.
A member of Romance Writers of America, Nancy is represented by Nalini Akolekar of Spencerhill Associates, and is published by Montlake Romance/Amazon Publishing.

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY

0 Comments:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Follow on Twitter

Popular Posts

Search on blog

Un produs Blogger.

WARNING !

REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS POSTED HERE MIGHT CONTAIN (HEAVY) SPOILERS ! READ AT YOUR VERY OWN RISK !