I like my books like my coffee : Hot and Dark.

My reviews might contain heavy spoilers! Read at your very own risk.

2016/11/20




Deacon Malloy’s life is dedicated to the Hell’s Raiders motorcycle club. Tough, hard, and fast with his fists, he serves the group as sergeant at arms. But his devil-may-care approach to life is thrown for a loop when the five-year-old daughter he never knew existed lands on the club steps.

Alexandra Evans is devoted to all her students—but there’s always been something about Willow Malloy that tugs at her heart. There’s an aura of sadness about her, a girl in need of all the love Alexandra can give. When Willow stops coming to school, Alexandra’s search leads to a clubhouse full of bikers…and a father hell-bent on keeping his daughter always within sight.

The moment Deacon sees Alexandra, he has to have her in his bed—and he’s never met a woman yet who couldn’t be persuaded. No matter how attracted she is to Deacon, Alexandra refuses to be just another conquest. But it’s Deacon himself who could be seduced—into a brighter future for himself, his daughter, and the woman he’s falling for against all odds.


 As I was reading  my rating stars went back and forth between 2 and 3 stars. The final rating describes the book as it is : OK ! Yes, this is going to be one of those long posts.

I'm well aware that a few of my reading friends gave this book a higher rating, but to me the plot , the dialogue and the characters seem ... highly improbable.

 Now from the start I'm gonna let you know that I dislike Deacon , and I use "dislike" as a nice term  because my deep feelings for him are of hate and anger.  At the end of the book I realized that I disliked him from the very first pages and throughout the entire story he didn't made any efforts to chance my opinion and feelings for him. 

There are two main reasons  :

1. His lack of empathy towards  his 5 years old daughter. I understand that he might not be father material but the way he treats her, the way  he avoids interacting with her. The poor girl spends most of the time with the brothers and mama Beth  rather than her own father. She is club's responsibility, they talk to her, hang out with her (play games, tea parties) and protect her, and not Deacon's responsibility.   
  But when a female stranger appears then he KNOWS how to behave , how to show affection, how to show emotions, how to accomplish Alexandra's wishes, how to talk to her, how to make her part of his life, while with his own flash and blood.... there isn't much of a daughter- father relationship between them and that irks me. It just didn't sit right with me.  He opens up way too easily in front of Alexandra but keeps his own kid at distance.Yes, he is trying to develop some sort of relationship with Willow but I have a creepy feeling that  the things he starts making for her ( private lessons, ballet room and so on ) are for and because of Alexandra and not for Willow , he seems more interested in keeping Alexandra pleased and close to him.  That's the feeling that I got. Deal with it.

2.  The second reason , with all the efforts made by the author this character  simply is implausible.  He is portrayed as a bad ass biker, a few punches here, a few sleeping around there and lots of cussing. But the reality is that Deacon , as well as the rest of the club members, is in fact pussy whipped big time ! 
And speaking about the club...they are bad and tough and over protective but they are never around when you need them. Something always happens when danger is near. 

Now , Alex was my favorite character and I was with her all the way until the author decided that it was a good idea to turn the sweet, honest  teacher into a slutty , jealous, possessive bad-ass biker bitch. No. It wasn't a good idea.
The only time when Deacon actually showed plausible feelings for Alex, she gets insecure and starts behaving like a club whore. Because parading yourself in front of the entire club in order to get your man's attention is a sign of respect towards your old man and his brothers. (on what planet?). 

The ending was epic .So unrealistic. First we have Deacon and Alex fighting , like two kindergarten kids , about who is more entitled to claim the final epic revenge over the rival.
And then the possessive bad-ass Alex  returns demanding for the entire club to go completely legit and clean up their act, even though Deacon is NOT the president.  "If you want to be with me then you will find a way"
...what...? 







0 Comments:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Follow on Twitter

Popular Posts

Search on blog

Un produs Blogger.

WARNING !

REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS POSTED HERE MIGHT CONTAIN (HEAVY) SPOILERS ! READ AT YOUR VERY OWN RISK !